Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is seeking a Scheduler for the 2024 campaign cycle. This position is based in Detroit, Michigan and day-to-day work is performed at an in-person office and on the road with the Congresswoman. This position will be expected to occasionally staff events around Michigan. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with great attention to detail, able to exercise discretion, anticipate changes and reprioritize as needed, and work well in a fast-paced environment. This role reports to the Operations Director.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and list “Scheduler” in the subject line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with all aspects of the campaign schedule; including tracking and responding to invitations, preparing the calendar and planning documents, compiling briefing materials for the candidate, coordinating travel arrangements, and serving as a liaison with external stakeholders.
- Support the coordination and logistics of large-scale events; including security, staffing assignments, and other details.
- Assist with the operational needs of the campaign; including office management and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Previous experience in scheduling, operations, event management, or logistics.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ties to Michigan are a bonus.
Hours and Compensation:
- This is a full-time position and will require weekend and evening work, both remote and in-person work, and you may be expected to travel with the candidate, at the discretion of your manager.
- The salary range for this position will be between $5,000 and $6,500 per month, pending experience.
- The candidate will have access to Elissa Slotkin for Michigan’s full suite of benefits, including paid leave and healthcare, vision, and dental insurance.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.