West Michigan Political Manager
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is seeking a West Michigan Political Manager for the 2024 campaign cycle. This position, housed in the Political Department, will lead the campaign’s interactions and presence in West Michigan.
The West Michigan Political Manager will report to the Political Director, up through the Campaign Manager.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and list “West Michigan Political Manager” in the subject line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- In collaboration with other senior leaders, develop a comprehensive political outreach plan for West Michigan, and strategically work with the team to get it scheduled out on the calendar.
- Build and manage relationships and coalitions with stakeholders, elected officials, partners, allies, and local grassroots organizations and leaders in West Michigan.
- Organize and build events, meetings, and other opportunities – both in person and virtually – for the candidate to meet with potential supporters, endorsers, and partners in your geographic region.
- Write and create briefing material for political meetings and events. Regularly staff the candidate for meetings and events in your geographic region.
- Represent the candidate and campaign at strategically important events and gatherings in your region – and generate reports and notes for the broader team to review.
- Lead the effort to build out a surrogate operation in your region.
- Other duties as assigned by the Political Director.
- Multiple cycles of applicable experience with political campaigns or equivalent experience with a political, organizing, elected office, electoral, or issue organization.
- Proven ability to manage relationships and communicate effectively with elected officials and key stakeholders in your region.
- Knowledge of and experience with key stakeholders in your geographic area.
- Self-starter, with strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to
- detail, and a demonstrated ability to meet goals while working on a deadline.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time position and will require weekend and evening work, both remote and in person work, and you may be expected to travel with the candidate, at the discretion of your manager.
The salary range for this position will be between $6,000 and $7,500 per month, pending experience.
The candidate will have access to Elissa Slotkin for Michigan’s full suite of benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance, and paid leave.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.