Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is seeking an Operations Director for the 2024 campaign cycle. The Operations Director will be a senior leader on the campaign, overseeing the Operations department, and will report to the Campaign Manager. This position will be based at campaign headquarters in metro Detroit, Michigan.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and list “Operations Director” in the subject line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the campaign’s human resources – including employee benefits, employee onboarding, Elissa Slotkin for Michigan employee handbook, and employee reimbursements.
- Partner with the Campaign Manager and Finance Director on certain budget-related elements.
- Coordinate cross-department on logistics for campaign events and travel; lead on all principal-facing logistics and movements.
- Hire and supervise the work of the operations, advance, and scheduling teams.
- Work with the Campaign Manager, Finance Director, and the campaign’s compliance
- firm and legal counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and FEC rules.
- Taking on special projects, including managing budgets for specific tasks.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Assertive and have extreme attention to detail. A successful candidate is able to work quickly and in the rapidly changing environments created over the course of a Senate campaign.
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to evaluate, create, and implement new processes on the fly.
- Prioritize competing demands and be able to handle interacting, both internally and externally, with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Multiple cycles of experience with operations and/or human resources in a political campaign, government office, or similar organization.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time position and will require weekend and evening work, both remote and in person work, and you may be expected to travel with the candidate, at the discretion of your manager.
The salary range for this position will be between $8,500 and $10,000 per month, pending experience.
The candidate will have access to Elissa Slotkin for Michigan’s full suite of benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance, and paid leave.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.