National Finance Assistant
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is searching for a detail-oriented, diligent and enthusiastic National Finance Assistant for the 2024 election cycle to assist the national fundraising team with all aspects of their portfolio. This position will start in Q4 of 2023, and will continue to November 15, 2024.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and day-to-day work is performed at an in-person office. The employee will be expected to occasionally staff events in the Washington, DC area. This role reports to the Deputy National Finance Director.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and list “National Finance Assistant” in the subject line.
- Assist with all aspects of the nationwide fundraising program, including but not limited to creating invitations, preparing event invitation lists, maintaining event trackers, assisting with host communication, making invitation phone calls, booking travel, preparing event and briefing materials for the candidate, and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct daily research on prospective donors to support the national events and call time program.
- Provide key administrative and organizational support for the finance team, keeping the database updated with relevant information.
- Assist with DC-based events, check pickups and contribution processing.
- Other duties as assigned, which may grow over the course of the cycle depending on the employee and campaign’s needs and demonstrated strengths.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with NGP or with Democratic fundraising preferred but not required.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time position and will require weekend and evening work, both remote and in person work, and you may be expected to travel with the candidate, at the discretion of your manager.
The salary range for this position will be between $4,500 and $5,500 per month, pending experience.
The candidate will have access to Elissa Slotkin for Michigan’s full suite of benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance, and paid leave.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.