Macomb/Oakland Political Assistant
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is seeking a Macomb/Oakland Political Assistant for the 2024 campaign cycle. This position, housed in the Political Department, will support the Department’s work to strategically connect the Representative and the campaign with communities in Macomb and Oakland counties.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and list “Macomb/Oakland Political Assistant” in the subject line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- In collaboration with other senior leaders, develop a comprehensive political outreach plan for Macomb and Oakland County, and strategically work with the team to get it scheduled out on the calendar.
- Support and lead on Political Department events, meetings, and other opportunities – both in person and virtually – for the candidate to meet with potential supporters, endorsers, and partners.
- Build and manage relationships and coalitions with stakeholders, elected officials, partners, allies, and local grassroots organizations and leaders in Macomb and Oakland counties.
- Write and create briefing material for political meetings and events. Distribute notes from meetings to ensure the cross team is looped and tracking follow-up items.
- Regularly staff events and the candidate to facilitate smooth logistics.
- Support the campaign’s statewide surrogate campaign.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisors.
- Applicable experience with political campaigns or equivalent experience with a political, organizing, elected office, electoral, or issue organization.
- Experience working event logistics.
- Proven ability to manage relationships and communicate effectively with elected officials and key stakeholders in your region.
- Self-starter, with strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to meet goals while working on a deadline.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time position and will require weekend and evening work, both remote and in person work, and you may be expected to travel with the candidate, at the discretion of your manager.
The salary range for this position will be between $4,500 and $6,000 per month, pending experience.
The candidate will have access to Elissa Slotkin for Michigan’s full suite of benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance, and paid leave.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.