Finance Internship (Michigan)
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is seeking part-time, paid fall Finance Interns in Michigan to help elect Representative Elissa Slotkin to the United States Senate. Interns will gain invaluable hands-on experience working closely with Team Slotkin. Finance interns will be assigned a variety of tasks to meet the department’s ambitious fundraising goals, and will report to the Michigan Finance Director.
The Elissa Slotkin for Michigan Internship program is perfect for young people seeking an opportunity to gain real, applicable experience in a top-tier political campaign.
To apply, please submit a PDF resume, writing sample (e.g. blog post, essay, academic writing, etc.) and cover letter with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall Michigan Finance Intern”. This program will be a hybrid internship in Metro Detroit from September to December 2023.
- Perform research on new and potential donors to the campaign.
- Uphold data integrity through database management.
- Assist with all aspects of fundraising events, including preparing invitation materials,
- maintaining attendance lists, soliciting contributions by phone and email to hit
- fundraising goals, staffing events, and appropriate follow-up.
- Draft memorandum and other internal materials for the Congresswoman and the
- Finance Team.
- Assist with the campaign’s thank you program, cleaning data and preparing mailings to
- ensure supporters are thanked in a timely manner
- Interns will have the opportunity to assist with other projects on the campaign according to their interests and at the discretion of the Call Time Manager and National Finance Director.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to track multiple priorities at once.
- Effective communicator who can clearly communicate progress towards goals.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who is willing to work non-traditional hours on occasion.
- The campaign is committed to training the next generation of political leaders interested in Michigan politics. Day-to-day work will be a combination of remote and in person work in the metro Detroit area.
- Campaign experience preferred, though not required.
Finance Interns will be expected to work part time (at least 15 hours per week) and will receive $15/hour.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.