Deputy Digital Director
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is seeking a Deputy Digital Director for the 2024 cycle. This role will assist in building and running a robust digital strategy across platforms including both fundraising and content. This role will be responsible for overseeing the campaign’s digital bundling program, be heavily involved in building online communities, and will assist in various efforts across the department. The ideal candidate for this role has exposure to both content and digital fundraising and will be a key contributor to creative efforts across platforms.
The Deputy Digital Director will report to the Digital Director, and will be based at campaign headquarters in metro Detroit, Michigan.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and list “Deputy Digital Director” in the subject line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with Digital Director to develop content and engagement strategy for website, email, SMS and social platforms
- Manage fundraising bundling efforts and partnerships, including outreach, copywriting, and reporting.
- Work alongside the Digital Director to support the digital department, including drafting and reviewing digital fundraising copy, reporting and analyzing results and managing other special projects.
- Work in partnership with Digital Director and other staff to foster engagement across online communities.
- Work in partnership with the digital team to manage social content across channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels.
- Other duties as needed and assigned within and outside of the digital department.
- 2+ years of experience working on a digital program for a political campaign, agency, non-profit, or other organization.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofing digital content content that drives action and maintains a consistent voice across multiple platforms.
- Experience drafting and producing email content, creating social media content for multiple platforms, and/or editing and producing video content.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and adapt quickly and easily.
- Experience working in a CRM – NGP 8 or ActionKit preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and email production.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time position and will require weekend and evening work, both remote and in person work, and you may be expected to travel with the candidate, at the discretion of your manager.
The salary range for this position will be between $6,000 and $7,500 per month, pending experience.
The candidate will have access to Elissa Slotkin for Michigan’s full suite of benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance, and paid leave.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.