Communications and Digital Intern (Michigan)
The communications and digital intern as a member of both the communications and digital departments will have the chance to work closely with the communications and digital teams to assist in implementing communication strategies and create written and video content for social media. The Communications and Digital intern will have a strong interest in political communications, digital media, and be willing to work in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Work closely with communications/digital staffers to develop and coordinate digital, print, communications on specific issues.
- Assist in drafting and editing press and digital materials – including social media copy, weekly wrap-ups, and advisories.
- Assist the team’s rapid response work by monitoring media and assisting with rapid social response, including assisting in daily press clips.
- Support the digital and press teams by maintaining tracking documents, press lists, and other logistics as needed.
- Support other projects, assignments and tasks in collaboration with the communications and digital teams.
- Work with relevant on-ground team lead and assist them in staffing needs when necessary and applicable.
- Assist the team in capturing photo and video content at campaign events.
- Catalog digital assets and maintain digital library.
- Assist the team in creating graphics for social media.
- Assist Communications team with research needs.
- Extremely organized with ability to track multiple priorities at once.
- Effective communicator who can clearly communicate progress to goal as well as strong creative writing skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who is willing to work non-traditional hours on occasion.
- The campaign is committed to training the next generation of political leaders in Michigan.
- Day-to-day work will be a combination of remote and in person work in metro Detroit.
Interns will be paid $15 per hour, and will be expected to work between 20-40 hours per week, pending a conversation with your supervisor(s).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and list “Communications and Digital Intern” in the subject line.
Elissa Slotkin for Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.